Getting out of the city


Advertisement
Published: May 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a special treat: rental cars! We rented them so that we could get to the Muir Woods, an old redwood forest across the Golden Gate Bridge from SF. It was soooooo beautiful! The trees are huge and hundreds upon hundreds of years old. The kids seemed to enjoy their brief communal with nature, and it was a nice break from our hectic city life. In the early afternoon we left the trees behind and headed to the Haight-Ashbury district and took in the tye dyed shirts, clothing trading stores, and other remnants of the Haight-Ashbury's 1960s "hippy" movement. It was quite a *trip*! As if this weren't enough, we then headed over to the Museum of Modern Art and checked out the plastic sculptures, pictures of old Japan, and a few Rivieras, Picassos, O'Keefes and a Warhol. Very cool. We rounded off the evening with a drive down Lombard Street, supposedly the crookedest street in the world! Some of us had even more fun just going up and down the super steep hills nearby. What a blast!

It has been great to see your children appreciating great nature and great art. Sometimes I wonder how this iPod generation will treat the things that we saw today, but they amazed me. Thanks for training them well 😊.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 998.8kb