San Francisco


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
December 17th 2007
Published: December 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Fabulous on Stage on Pier 39Fabulous on Stage on Pier 39Fabulous on Stage on Pier 39

She earned $5 so we may send her back
We have spent a long weekend here en route to Oz.
We arrived here from Vancouver on Thursday. The girls and I are suffering some withdrawal symptoms from not having any festive decorations around us so we have decorated our backpacks. THey make a nice jingling noise too when we walk! Some would say annoying but we have received generally positive comments so far!
Part of the porblem this weekend has been trying to stop Fatty singing - aka Salzburg when one of our 'friends' would not stop trying to emulate Julie Andrews Fatty has had the same problem with a stuck needle on 'Da de Da de Da .. to San Fran.n.nsisco' (and something else about flowers in your hair) so much so that Fiendish and Flirty refused to go into a restaurant unless he stopped singing at least for the duration of the meal!
As you can see from Fabs blog we went to Alcatraz on the first day. We also wandered around the piers and ate some nice seafood. We saw the sea lions - brings me to mind of the joke - but you need the actions.
Fab got her call up to the stage and performed well - we are considering hiring her out!
The next day we hired bikes and cycled across the Golden Gate bridge to Sausalito and came back on the ferry - We enjoyed it but were tired by the end of the day. Thanks to the Barringtons for the idea.
Yesterday we took the tram and ended up in Chinatown. After lunch there we went to the aquarium on the pier.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Sea Lions Sea Lions
Sea Lions

What a life


18th December 2007

Spooky
Just having a quick catch up on your travels (in work time of course). Glad to see you're all having such a fabulous time and you have shorts on in San Francisco - it's absolutely freezing here. I remember going to Alcatraz when I was about 11 and found it be quite a spooky place - wouldn't like to spend Christmas there. I'm so jealous of you all - just think of us all sitting here whiling away the time at work, only then to be released to fight the hordes in Tesco. Keep those backpacks jingling. :)

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb