LOST BLOG ENTRY - fixed a bit


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

San Francisco




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

The Bay Bridge The Bay Bridge
The Bay Bridge

Not our first spectacular road and/or bridge sight but fun to record as we approached the downtown San Francisco exits. We didn't know which turn to take but did take about the first one we came to and wandered about the streets with real delight.
Just one viewJust one view
Just one view

We don't always know what we are taking a picture of but just a few scenes that struck as.
High on the hillsHigh on the hills
High on the hills

Those streets are really something. We followed a small tour bus just because we thought they'd take the popular spots. On several streets he dragged his undercarriage across the ridge a sit crested a steep hill and then stated down the other. Our van cleared those ridges but at times we wondered. Is that Alcatraz Prison in the distance?
It's difficult to portray the steep hills.It's difficult to portray the steep hills.
It's difficult to portray the steep hills.

Sometimes we'd approach a drop down and not really know there was a road to drive on ahead of us until the front of the van started to drop and thankfully there'd be a road there. Kinda like cresting the top of a roller coaster. Wow! Any wonder they have some great car-chase scenes in movies from these crazy streets.
Seafood Seafood
Seafood

Some shrimp, crab-meat, squid and who knows what else!
A pair of pirate sortsA pair of pirate sorts
A pair of pirate sorts

A note about the weather: it was cool and windy, which we appreciated even though we found our jackets useful.


Tot: 0.311s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0986s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb