Around town...


Advertisement
Published: June 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

So last full day in San Francisco today. Apart from Phoenix, its the longest we've been anywhere and it still feels a bit like we have spent no time here! I have thoroughly enjoyed it though and its been different (again!) I think its a major plus that every city/place we have stopped in here has been so different to the rest. I think it has helped stave off boredom (not that I could really get bored on a rtw trip). I still can't get over how hilly it is here though. You really don't get used to it, I still hate them! Although they are much more fun at 9.5mph on one of the famous cable cars (we got to ride one on thursday!) They are exactly as you see them on tv, completely open and they just stop in the middle of the road and people just jump on/off. All of the drivers are great too, there seems a great cammeradery (I really can't spell it) between them when the shout to each other as they pass and when they have to swing the car around at the end of the line.

So in the past few days, we have done a few museums, MoMa again which was good, but I much prefered it in NY. We did a tour of the AT & T Park which is where the SF Giants play baseball. It was a really nice stadium, all new and clean and really well set out. It is also open-ish at one end so they have a "splash landing" meaning the ball goes out of the ground on a home-run hit and straight into the waters of the bay where there are usually loads of boats waiting, wanting to catch it. We also went up to the Castro district to have a wander. It is so different up there and in places slightly bizzare. The rainbow flags really were out in strength. We had lunch in Lincoln Park today, which was nice, it was just a shame about the grey skies.

Untill Santa Monica...

Advertisement



11th June 2007

Your packing a lot into the trip (which is only right on a RTW). What a fabulous experience. Makes my upcoming European hol look a bit insignificant. Stay safe and well. Ciao 4 now. Bernard.

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb