San Francisco


Advertisement
Published: August 1st 2022
Edit Blog Post

Friday, 29th July, 2022

I just noticed all the dates on the previous blogs are incorrect. Dont know why, but I am going to write the correct one at the top of each page.

We were up reasonably early again today. Had to clean up and re-pack to check out and we caught up with some of the people we hung out with over the last couple of nights to say goodbye.

We got a Lyft to Burbank airport and watched our life flash before our eyes. The driver was busy bragging about his ”driver of the year” award and nearly ran up the back of the car in front. He also nearly took out a big semi trailer tray truck. I couldn‘t wait to get out. Sandra and I were looking at each other and praying.

I was told that Burbank airport was pretty quiet and easy to get through security. Not today. There must have been a lot of flights at around the same time because it took forever to get through. Just lucky the “driver of the year” got us there reasonably early.

Our flight to San Francisco left and landed on time. We caught the “BART” train system into the city and then got a Lyft to the hotel.

Hotel is nothing special but is pretty close to everything that we want to see and do.

After getting to the room, the suitcases needed sorting and washing needed to be done. So while Sandra had a snooze, I went to find a laundromat. The second and LAST time I will ever walk up and down San Francisco streets. They kill the legs.

Washing done and Sandra ready for dinner we went to the Polk St restaurant district. Found a place that was serving $4 margaritas so of course we went in. They also had a special 2 dishes for $8. So we each picked two and bluddy hell out comes 4 main meals. We were expecting entree size. So for a total of $16 plus tax each we had a great night. Time for bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



9th August 2022

Love the post
I love how you describe everything.... the Lyft ride made me laugh, and the menu made me drool!!! What a bargain Nick's is!!!!

Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb