Bridges and Bulldogs


Advertisement
Published: June 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday Lucy and I visited the Golden Gate park. After stumbling into a disc golf course and back out again we managed to navigate our way to the Japanese tea garden there which was cute. I can imagine it would even be pretty tranquil if there weren't hordes of tourists occupying every square meter. We managed to knock over a bamboo fence while we were there which didnt exactly help the vibe... Then Lucy nearly fell into a khoi carp pond while taking a photo of me. We kind of tagged along behind a guided tour where the grumpy old tourguide basically pointed out everything that was wrong with the garden.
"This is actually a Chinese pagoda but the city of SF seem to have just dumped any asian artifacts in here" was our favourite line, closely followed by "I think its sacreligious to have flowers in a Japanese peace garden but that hasn't stopped the gardner's here".
I saw two baby bulldogs which made me sqeal but definite highlight of the day was a Lindy hop right in the middle of the park. People dancing everywhere, old and young; it was like a scene from a Disney movie. We checked out the Golden Gate bridge too, lets just say whoevers bright idea it was to put cyclists and pedestrians on the same route should be fired. Other than that it was of course spectacular!
On a more serious note the drug problem in the US is unreal, Lucy and I found ourselves in a less than great part of town (we have since then been told not to go there!) and it's scary to see what a massive and prominent issue Meth is.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb