Not so sunny California


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco » Pacifica
December 12th 2009
Published: December 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a few delays from the airport, thanks to the weather in San Francisco, we finally made into the city we decided to spend our year anniversary. Being cheap, we took the BART from the hotel to the civic center and thought it best to walk to our hotel instead of call a taxi. The taxi ride $9, watching Jeff carry our heavy travel bag on his shoulder as we blindlessly navigated through a city we're never been too, priceless. We did make it to the hotel, and thankfully the weather was kind and stopped raining between the time we were in the airport and the time we took to walk to the hotel. As soon as we checked in, the rain realized it had granted us everything it could, and started up again.
Because our hotel is in Japantown, in fact we are staying at Hotel Kabuki, we thought to spend the rest of our day there. It started off with some tasty Japanese lunch, I had tempura udon, and Jeff had some crazy array of food. We realized that being in Japantown, meant that our waitresses must act like they are from Japan, and getting a glass of water was a huge struggle. We walked around and came across a mall that was filled with lots of wonderful things! For Jeff's sake, they were just as pricey as they were wonderful and I walked out empty handed, but probably looked like a little kid in a candy shop as I wanted to run from store to store googly eyed wishing for everything. The mall had just as many restaurants as they had stores which made it super hard to figure out what to do for dinner after hours of walking around, but ended up at some small place that served Japanese/European style pizza that played Miyazaki films in the background. I choice Japanese Vegetables and Nori (seaweed) as my topping, as Jeff went for Curry Pizza with tuna. Jeff asked the waitress to make the curry as hot as they possibly could, which immediately caused her to go into a plead of "You don't want to do that, you wont be able to handle our 5x, please choose 4x this is your first time", after Jeff and her going back and forth many times, she left writing down 5x curry on her order pad looking defeated. When our food arrived almost 10minutes later, Jeff ate his pizza with what looked like no problem, but as we asked for a box, I could see his face redden which must have meant a small victory to our pleading waitress.
Before we made it back to our hotel, we picked up a bottle of Sake to celebrate our time in San Francisco from a nearby Asian market, along with some Japanese Kit-kats! I can't believe I found some without having to resort to the internet!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1013.7kb