Hotel Nikko


Advertisement
Published: February 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi all

Well here we are coming close to the end of our time in the US and missing those babies H-E-A-P-S!! (sorry about the caps!)

Yesterday we made a decision- (because the airlines we flew - and most of you know which ones - were a little rough on our luggage) we are going to have to replace Nicola's suitacase - the handle is splintered, half of the make-up crushed and zips that will not work any more so we went up to Macy's (hehehe) and have found the one we are after and will go back tomorrow and actually buy them. This will also allow us to also have an extra suitacase for all the shopping - bear in mind we have already sent home 2 very large boxes of goodies home too!!

We wandered around after getting the registration part sorted out found a great little jewellery shop (Nicola wanted to get a new silver chain to put her jade charm onto. We went in (big sign in the window says closing down sale!!) and the two ladies in there so reminded us of China and Hong Kong. We bought (well Nicola bought) a new silver chain $75 down to $20 and some earrings to match the necklace and they were still trying to sell us a bracelet (matching violet jade) worth $150 for $15!! Of course Mark said no (awww!) We also had Chinese for lunch - found a nice little place over the road from the jewellery shop.

Then back to the hotel ready for Mark to start at the conference. Nic had a nap ready for the Social Whirl part of the event. 4 events in one night - starting with networking drinks, then the Presidential welcome, then a hosted session and then finally dinner. Gotta say, food was great and so was the company but very pleased to get back to the room to sleep!!

Today we got up very late as there were no sessions until 10.30 for Mark to attend and then headed down to the Lobby to the Starbucks for coffee. Lunch today is to be catered. Well I won't bore you guys anymore as the day is still young.

Cheers
Nicola and Mark

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0834s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb