First Day in San francisco


Advertisement
Published: August 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Had an amazing day in San francisco. What a lovely place. The day started well with breakfast in the hotel with amazing waffles that you make yourself and pour maple syrup over, they were delicious. Only just made breakfast though so we are going to get up early tomorrow to do it justice. Walked to Lombard Street which is the worlds most crookedest street...it was insane as Nick would say. Walking round the streets, Steve thought he was in Grand theft auto and Andy thought he was in Bullet with Steve McQueen! Tried to catch the cable car but they were all full up so walked in the end to the cable car museum. That was interesting. From there we went to Chinatown and i got my pearls for our 30th wedding anniversary. We sat and watched while a little chinese lady made up the string of pearls with the clasp i had chosen. Our anniversary isn't till the 9th but i was allowed to wear it! I probably wont take it off for the rest of the holiday! We bought a chinese takeaway in a shop that was modelled on McDonalds. From there we went to Union Square which is a lovely big area with all the posh shops overlooking it - Macy's, 5th Avenue, Tiffanys... The boys loved the shops, Nick got an American Apparell sweat shirt and Steve got his Levi jeans, both quite a bit cheaper than in England. Went to Macy's 8th floor to the Cheesecake Factory. Sat on the terrace and Steve and i had the strawberry, Andy the chocolate and Nick a chocolate brownie and ice cream. We all felt pretty sick after it, especially Nick. From Macy's we went to Fishermans Wharf, we tried to get the cable car but they kept coming by full up, then a black limo stopped and said did we want a ride for the same price as the cable car $5 each... well Andy and i have never had a ride in a limo so we all piled in.. it was great fun, Nick couldn't believe it ..only in America hah! We love this place. Everyone is so friendly have had some great chats with different people. Fisherman's wharf was buzzing, watched a great artist drawing pictures with spray paint, watched a guy playing practical jokes on passers by...jumping out of bushes. Walked up to Pier 39 and saw all the seals basking.. i wished i hadn't known they were going to be there so i could have been as excited as the boys. Got the bus back to the hotel $6 for all of us so a bit cheaper than a limo!! Fight for the laptop so i am going to have to limit my entries. What a fab day.

Advertisement



4th August 2010

Sounds Great
Hi all Sounds like you had a fantastic time in 'sisco. We are 3 hours away from leaving Worthing to start on our odyssey so hearing all about yours makes it all the more exciting. Continue to enjoy! Jane et al
5th August 2010

I loved SF too!
Chris, your comments on SF have just brought back so many memories of our trip there a few years back - I thought you would love SF! Absolutely unique isn't it? Have you yet been to Alcatraz? Have fun!

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb