San Francisco - Part One


Advertisement
Published: April 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Golden Gate BridgeGolden Gate BridgeGolden Gate Bridge

Early in the morning
I love San Francisco!!! It is one of those cities that just has a bit of everything, amazing buildings, beautiful streets, a huge park and of course the bridge- i could definately live here. The drive from L.A to San Fran was brilliant. We picked up our hire care on Friday morning. We were both really excited but also a little scared of driving to San Fran in a hire car which we had never done before. When we got to the hire car place the lady at the desk sorted out or paper work and then said to us go to the 'compact car' car sign and pick one of the cars. Now when someone says compact car you think you know Micra, Corsa- oh no not in America the car we got was HUGE and orange! It has been really good though for cruising and that is pretty much what we did for 400 miles to San Fran.

The other amazing thing about San Fran was that we hooked up with my wonderful friend Sam and his girlfriend who are living in Arcata and working for a year. It was so good to see a familiar face and
Our Hire CarOur Hire CarOur Hire Car

Ugly isn't it?
have some people to explore San Fran with. On Friday night Sam took us to a club in the centre of San Fran. It was a really cool little club with outside seating the only thing we didn't know (and didn't realise for about an hour) was that it was Gay night!! It was so funny and Steve managed to get himself A LOT of free drinks from various admirers- the barman in his Y fronts took a special liking to Steve and even bought him a pint too- see photo!

Day 2 of San Fran we spent mainly feeling a little delicate from the night before but Sam took us to an amazing Cafe that served the most amazing breakfast packed with pancakes, crispy bacon, sausage patty- lush! It sorted us all out and we spent the rest of the day wondering around the Golden Gate park in search for the famous Bison. After around 2 hours of trekking ( I'm in training for the Inca) we found them woo hoo!!! The park was huge and full of hippies singing and dancing in big groups- it kind of reminded of a massive St Andrews park.

Day 3
I like Driving in my carI like Driving in my carI like Driving in my car

Driving to San Fransisco
we had a really early start to get our tickets sorted for Alcatraz. Along with the tickets we also got a tour on one of those sightseeing buses around the city. This tour was actually really good. It just gave us a chance to see all the city and all the different districts. It really gave us an idea of just how huge San Fran is and our guide was a cool dude- (see photo). After the tour we headed down to Fishermans Wharf to soak up the seaside atmosphere (that is another thing that San Fran has- a waterfront!) it is so cool down by the water. They have street performers, shops, and ,it had such an atmosphere and we loved it so much we have decided to book another night and come back to San Fran when we drive to Yosemite park so we can do some more exploring- can't wait!





Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

The Butterfly BuildingThe Butterfly Building
The Butterfly Building

In Golden Gate Park
The BisonThe Bison
The Bison

In Golden Gate Park
The Streets of San FranciscoThe Streets of San Francisco
The Streets of San Francisco

Crazy! No Wonder every one Drives!
The Tour GuideThe Tour Guide
The Tour Guide

A Dapper Old Chap!
Some Old BuildingSome Old Building
Some Old Building

Don't know what it is but Kate liked the picture!


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb