San Diego


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
June 21st 2013
Published: June 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

This will be our last blog entry for this trip as we're heading back to the UK tomorrow. We took a photo of our car mileometer earlier and it shows 2904 miles. The airport is only around 5-10 miles away and so we won't quite make it to 3000 miles.

This morning we visited the Old Town part of San Diego which was wonderful. Old Town San Diego is considered the "birthplace" of California and is the site of the first permanent Spanish settlement in California. It is now a state protected national park and has a wide array of museums, shops and restaurants.

During our trip to the Old Town, Nicky convinced me to go horse riding. She used to go horse riding when she was young and after we got married, we both went. Although nothing bad happened, I didn't enjoy it and always said that I would never go again. As you can see from the photo attached to this blog, I think my stallion could smell my fear as there is definitely a crazed look in its eyes.

This afternoon we wandered along San Diego's Mission beach to enjoy the sun and sand. This evening we took a cruise on a paddle steamer which was very idillic.

San Diego is a lovely city and a great final destination to reflect on our trip. We have had a great holiday and feel very lucky to have had this experience.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb