Day 2 San Diego


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
December 27th 2006
Published: January 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today was our day out at San Diego Sea World. This day was also the coldest and windiest day we have come across. We were not prepared for it as it was a sunny day yesterday so we thought the same and wore thongs and a light weight jumper- big mistake.

Anyway so the day consisted of visiting the marine life of sea worlds some animals we had seen before in Gold Coast's Sea World and some we have not.

We went to a killer whale show- there for 4 killer whales but they have the show focused on one - Shamu. Apparently he attacked on of the trainers last week or sum thing- but all was good today. I thought he was gonna be bigger but anyway he was still big. So we went to the Shamu show and he did a few jumps in the air and fancy things.

We also fed some of the dolphins, which was great to be so close to them. And also fed some stingrays which were really scary and were nasty if u didn’t feed them. Not what I expected- they had a head and whiskers they were very scary. I'm not sure what Steve Irwin was doing swimming with them.

We watched the usual sea world shows with the dolphins and seals. We actually thought that the Gold Coast shows were better. Saw the polar bears and warus thing. Saw dolphins that had the same markings as killer whales. There were also other small whales around.

We left sea world clenching each other and holding on as it was so windy. We wanted to tick off Mission Beach so we caught the bus down and quickly saw the beach (too cold) and then walked for a bit on the main road before jumping back on the bus and heading to Old Town - In LA (original settlement of the Indians to America).

Went for a walk in Old Town- very busy. Lots of Mexican restaurants as there are around anywhere in California. So we settle for some Mexican and some Margaritas. Jumped back on the trolley home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb