30th Wedding Anniversay - Long Beach to San Diego


Advertisement
Published: August 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our 30th Wedding Anniversary today! Had a lie in and then started the next leg of the journey. Thank goodness for AAA route planner, got us on the road really easily, think I would like a Sat Nav if we did it again though. Stopped at a view point on the way which was swarming with ground squirrels. They were fun to watch. Arrived at San Diego which again was nothing like i had imagined, it is so vast. In England if you arrive in Brighton, that’s what you find - the town, the beach, here there is town, town and more town and beach, beach and more beach! Had a job finding our hotel, it was all very confusing. Staying at Holiday Inn Mission Plaza, which is a bit like the Travelodge but not as nice. Went down to one of the beaches - Pacific beach which was beautiful, lovely golden sand. Andy and I went in the sea (boys said it was too cold) and got rescued by a Baywatch babe (literally - i thought she had just come off the TV) as we were swimming in the surfing area. Moved up to the bathing beach. The waves were great fun; I would love to have had a body board. There was some horrible thread like seaweed that kept wrapping itself around you which I didn’t like, made me feel like home in Worthing. The boys played with the frisby which i had to opt out of as my thumb is still sore, still can’t bend it much but the swelling has nearly gone now. Can go shopping though and browsed through the beach shops. Bought a lovely San Diego sweatshirt for $16 plus tax. That is one of the annoying things in America; all the prices have 8.25% tax added on. Loads of people cycling and running everywhere we go. Reluctantly left the beach and went back to the hotel to change for our celebratory dinner. Went to The Outback which was one of our favourite restaurants when we went to Florida. Had the most delicious steak and made room for a pudding, well three different ones actually! All delicious.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb