Cheap coffee, Motel 6 and Urinals with waterfalls!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego » Oceanside
December 15th 2011
Published: December 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After staying a the night in Escondido, California with kaity's aunt - who just happens to have 100 avocado trees next to their property- so cool, we headed off early to meet elliot's cousin Brent and his wife Danielle. We had a great morning and afternoon with them in San Diego - had breakfast at cafe 222, drove around downtown sd, seaport and up through surrounding areas of sd! We also got to see their wedding pics, which were awesome!

At 3 pm we jumped in the rental and headed toward San Luis Obispo - our first stop on our drive to San francisco, it took us over 7 hours to finally make it to the motel... Elliot discovered a new found addiction to drip coffee and so after 4 coffee stops, horrendous LA traffic, and oh the multiple bathroom stops... We arrived in San Luis Obispo. To scratch his new found itch for cheap caffeine we stopped at the Madonna Hotel, to check it out and get coffee, it had themed rooms and an awesomely decorated restaurant/ ballroom/ toilet. The waiter graciously let Kaity check out the urinals with elliot on watch, talk about cave man urinals with waterfalls to flush them! Finally we made it to the cheapest motel and checked in!! Now to sleep before the costal drive to Carmel valley tomorrow!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb