Day 64 - San Diego


Advertisement
Published: June 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Student CenterStudent CenterStudent Center

At UCSD, University of California, San Diego.
I did not go for walk in the morning. R went. Amma called as usual at 7.30. Spoke to her since R had given me the phone.

At 9.30 Sri, Shanthi, AJ, R and myself left for San Diego to see AJ's college. Reached before 11.00. College tour started at 11.10..a walk tour around the college campus that went on till 12.45! At just the second stop near the International Student Center i decided to discontinue the tour and stayed back. Had our lunch at the food court at the college. Then proceeded to downtown SanDiego. Saw the Hotel Del Coranado, built in 1884, a sea-side resort. It is made of wood and has a beautifully unique architectural style. Since it is a hotel of historic interest there were many visitiors like us walking around and taking photographs. AJ bought an ice cream at the Moo Time Creamery there and shared some with us. It was one of the best ice-creams i had ever eaten.

It took us almost 3 hours to reach home because of heavy slow moving traffic. V called at his usual 5.30pm. After reaching home called again and spoke with him for almost an hour and a half! He was trying to help me look positively at an option of staying in the U.S!! Dinner at Vasanthi's place.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Tour Guide Tour Guide
Tour Guide

...explaining about the college
SnakeSnake
Snake

The head of the snake starts from the third floor of the library building!
SnakeSnake
Snake

Shanthi, Sri, AJ walking down on the snake...
Inside the food courtInside the food court
Inside the food court

Having our Bombay thali meals...rice, naan and a choice of two side dishes.
The Bombay Coast The Bombay Coast
The Bombay Coast

...where we bought a veg. meal.
Hotel Del CoranadoHotel Del Coranado
Hotel Del Coranado

The Reception
Unique architectureUnique architecture
Unique architecture

...part of the beautiful building.
Dragon TreeDragon Tree
Dragon Tree

Planted here in 1887..appears in a Marilyn Monroe film..forgot the name now.
Beautiful beachBeautiful beach
Beautiful beach

..at the Del Coranado Resort. Sofas and Tables were placed around along side the glass wall with the bar in the center.


Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb