Sea Cave Kayaking and Paragliding


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego » La Jolla
January 26th 2009
Published: April 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

As a part of what turned into serious adventure month a group of friends and I woke up at like 5am and left for La Jolla, CA for a fun filled day of Sea Cave Kayaking and Paragliding. When we headed out, we were skeptical weather or not we would actually be able to do both since both sports required specific weather conditions.

To begin the morning, we suited up in wetsuits at the La Jolla Kayak store and proceed to venture out into the ocean. The craziest part in my opinion was making it past the initial waves. It felt like a ride at Disney or something, riding up and abruptly dropping down from the tip of a wave. Luckily we never flipped.

The waves were actually too rough for us to go into to near by caves but we did stop a few times to look at the Kelp, sea lions, cool formations of birds flying eye level as well as nearby cliffs we were told many people jump off.

The ride back in was just as fun. It was like surfing on a Kayak leaning into the wave and riding it back to shore.

After that was done, wet, freezing and full of energy we all headed off to our next adventure, Paragliding. We ended up going to Torrey Pines Glider port for the Paragliding. When we arrived there were tons of people in the air. It looked so relaxing. So relaxing in fact that while we were waiting to be called we saw a guy going up with his dog harnessed into his lap, he looked super happy in the air it was crazy.

When my name was called, I was harnessed into a seat tandem someone who actually knew what they were doing. Taking off was fun, I was under the impression that we had to jump off the cliff but we actually just floated up with no problems at all. We were hovering over the coast for the most part, I got to float right next to a hawk and I even got to steer the para glider for a while.

Over all a fun experience with lots of really cool people. =)






Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 15; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0856s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb