Del Mar/La Jolla/San Diego


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego » La Jolla
August 21st 2008
Published: August 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We arrived yesterday in San Diego without a hitch. We went to retrieve our rental car and needless to say after much stress we ended up with a Dodge Charger which I guess is cool enough. After a mere few minutes in the car we already started appreciating having the extra space. It is pretty obvious that someone before us rented the Charger in order to do donuts and j-turns and possibly even drag race....but we will be okay as long as we don't have to make any more prompt lane changes.

Our first stop was La Jolla for lunch. We ate at a beautiful rooftop terrace resturaunt that served sort of modern italian sandwiches. La Jolla is very swanky and beautifully landscaped. We then headed up the coastline to Del Mar where we are staying. Last night we went down to the beach and watched the surfers and locals enjoying the park. The weather was perfect and crisp. We can totally understand why people live here. The vibe is so relaxed and people seem to have designed the city to fit and compliment the landscape and take advantage of all the green space.

We ate at Jake's last night...very amazing, highly recommend it.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



21st August 2008

Wow
The Beach is beautiful. It looks like you two are going to have a great time.
21st August 2008

California girl and surfer dude!
I can tell that you already don't want to come back to the East coast and hurricane country!!!!! It's raining and windy in Savannah, but the surf's up on Tybee! Miss you...have fun...great journal!
21st August 2008

Of course La Jolla is swanky----it is where I was conceived!!!! Love the blog. Safe travels.xoxo
24th August 2008

Swanky lady
That would be correct. It is all you...

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb