San Diego Sep. 2007


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego » La Jolla
September 27th 2007
Published: September 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Oceanside -- La Jolla -- San Diego

I-5 freeway from Oceanside to La Jolla.

weird cloudsweird cloudsweird clouds

saw these werid clouds while driving on the I-5 freeway and decided to check them out
We got a huge thunder shower last night. It has been 6 months since last time we had rain. It cleared out southern California. My buddy and I decided to head for San Diego for a casual visit because there was an air race show down there. It was such a sunny day with only a few clouds in the sky. We drove on the I-5 freeway and surprisingly the traffic was not too bad as usually could have been.


Once we hit Oceanside, the sky became overcast and the traffic was getting worse. We then decided to exit the freeway and take the local route. As soon as we took the exit, we saw a few tornado-shaped clouds right above the ocean. Most cars stopped on the side of the road. You can see people are taking the pictures of that unusual sight. (You can click the video above and you'll know what I was talking about.)

After the tornado-shaped clouds disappeared, the rain started to drop. Luckily we got to stay dry in the car. After a long drive in the rain, we finally arrived in La Jolla. We were looking for those million-dollar mansions in
beach parking lotbeach parking lotbeach parking lot

beautiful ocean view
the neighborhood and accidentally found this surfing beach. It was just right next to U.C. San Diego campus. It was definitely a nice day for surfing. We followed those surfers to the beach entrance and walked down the stairs. Wow, what a fabulous view. The sky was sky-blue and the ocean was ocean-blue. Walking on the beach and feeling the breeze blowing on your face, I now realized that is why people love to live by the beach.

After visiting the surfing beach, we drove to downtown La Jolla and tired to figure out what to have for lunch at 2pm. We settled down in a voted-best-in-town Chinese restaurant after checking out a couple of restaurants. The food was so-so compared to the Chinese food we have in LA but at least we got ourselves full for sure.

We then went to the coast to check out more touring area. It was more like cliffs along the coast there, which was different than the beach we saw earlier. Sea gulls were gathering and flying. You can see the lippers hitting the coast. There was a good spot to take a picture of the ocean with the sea gull.
people on the beachpeople on the beachpeople on the beach

people are surfing on the beach in La Jolla
It seemed that sea gulls are not afraid of people at all.

Since we came here to check out the air race show, we had to take off and headed for Coronado Island. Bay bridge was the only way to get into the island unless you want to take the ferry. I felt like I was on top of the world while driving on the bridge. I think it was the highest point in San Diego. By the time we got there, the show was over because people were leaving. The traffic was really bad driving out of the island.

I have never been to the border line between U.S. and Mexico. So we thought we might go down there since it was only 10 minutes away. We were getting nervous when we got closer to the boarder. We were afraid that we would miss the last exit and accidentally going to the border. We didn't bring our passports so we would be in a big trouble if we passed the border.

On the way back home, we saw the jet aircrafts making words in the sky. I was amazed how they can do that. I still
PierPierPier

pier view from the beach
couldn't figure out what those words were.....





*** 中文也會通 ***


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

La Jolla viewLa Jolla view
La Jolla view

You can see La Jolla from this angle
smilesmile
smile

Being part of the beach :-)
surferssurfers
surfers

Surfers are having fun playing with the waves
sidewaysideway
sideway

Standing by the relaxing vacation house area in Lo Jolla.
interesting columninteresting column
interesting column

standing by this interesting column that was decorated with rocks and shells
watchingwatching
watching

watching the ocean and enjoying a beautiful afternoon with a sea gull staring at me
bay bridgebay bridge
bay bridge

bay bridge connecting San Diego and Coronado island
Coronado IslandCoronado Island
Coronado Island

Coronado Island view from bay bridge
MexicoMexico
Mexico

Looking at Mexico from the U.S. boarder
signsign
sign

Pay attention to the sign. Don't get on the wrong way.
U.S. boarderU.S. boarder
U.S. boarder

They are checking every single car passing through the boarder
air showair show
air show

Those letters are made by 4 airplanes. Can you tell what the words are? (I can't)


29th September 2007

sEE How smart i am~
for the AIR SHow picture~ the answer is " SHOP ZAPPOS" kEe Kee :))
29th September 2007

air show
I see that 2 nice pic, bran.
29th September 2007

SD
thank you for the tour around san diego. it is hard to make it down there when you live in the los angeles-area and don't feel like getting tangled up in all the traffic on a day off. did you find boba in san diego?
30th September 2007

Boba
They do have boba in SD. :-)

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb