The trip home


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 38.579, -121.491

Our early morning flight left Toulouse on time to Frankfort, where we had a four hour layover. There we enjoyed a nice country breakfast of eggs and sausage, then checked out some of the shops.
The eight hour flight to Philadelphia was uneventful; the meal adequate. After spending an hour to clear passport control, we picked up our luggage and went through security check again before rechecking our luggage for the five hour flight to Sacramento. We made it with just enough time to enjoy a glass of wine at the bar across from our gate (something we'd become accustomed to each day).
We got to Sacramento about 8:30 pm, and picked up our truck which Paul had left in the parking lot for us. When we finally got home we were pretty exhausted and had no problems getting to sleep. As much as we enjoy traveling, it's great to get home to your own bed and home after so many weeks away.
It was the end of a fantastic 3-1/2 week motorcycle trip to the Midi-Pyrenees, one that will provide many wonderful memories of explorations throughout the southwest of France and northern Spain. We met many wonderful people along the way, many who spoke less English than we did French or Spanish. We were lucky to have been able to visit lots of markets, towns and villages, while enjoying a home exchange in Toulouse. We sampled lots of great motorcycle roads, wine, cheese, and food. We were fortunate to have had good friends along to enjoy most of it with us, and the technology to share the trip with lots of friends and family.
We hope you enjoyed our travel blog. Now its time to unwind, unpack, and maybe start thinking about our next adventure!
Happy trails!


Advertisement



22nd September 2012

What an awesome trip for you and Janet! Dave, you're a great photographer btw. I love this travelpod template too. Thanks for sharing.Neil
10th July 2013

Wow! So enjoyed your European trip! Since Scott lived in Europe for five years, and has traveled extensively over land, I will have him enjoy your experience as well! I would love to experience Europe as you did! A month in Nepal and In
dia was quite a life-changing experience, and trekking in the Himalayas was quite the challenge, altitude and all! It was primitive, to say the least, so I naturally envy your travel experience indeed! A totally different part of the world! Lovely, lovely pics! Thanks for sharing!

Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.1671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.8kb