Day 6


Advertisement
Published: June 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 6

Reno was fun but we must get back on the road. We grabbed a quick breakfast at the hotel, visited the gift shop for our "token" magnet and we were off. It's an easy drive out of Reno towards Tahoe..beautiful as has been most of the drive. We were happy to enter the State of California again! Our only stop of this trip was the Jelly Belly factory! They were having a huge 15 year anniversary celebration so there were no guided tours - just self-guided. Fine with us! There were cool art pieces made with Jelly Belly's and although they were not in production on a Saturday, it was still neat to see all the machines and the millions of Jelly Belly's waiting to be packaged. Of course there was a gift shop and I made my purchases and then we got lunch. There were all sorts of food vendors along with carnival rides and games in front of the building.

Back to the open highway and into Rohnert Park. Tyler took us through Napa, past lush vineyards and rolling hills. We got a glimpse of where he works too! We got into town around 4 and went to do some shopping for Tyler's upcoming culinary class at Santa Rosa Junior College. We also stopped at Bud's Meat market where you can get anything from Goat to Kangaroo! Last stop was Tyler's house. No roommates were home so we chilled for a little while then decided on dinner at Zazu in Sebastapol. The owner is a former Iron Chef contender...Duskie Estes..she even stopped by our table to say hi, after running food and clearing tables....she's a hard worker!

It was getting late so Tyler drove us back to his house showing us the sights around Sonoma State University along the way. we watched TV together (family time) and then turned in. Last night together for a while! I love my boys......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb