We survived the backpacking.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Petrolia
July 10th 2006
Published: July 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Kate here...

We're winding down our last week here with my Mom in Honeydew. This past Saturday evening, we finished our 4 day/3 night backpacking trip down the Lost Coast. The weather was perfect, we barely saw anyone, and (aside from a couple of blisters and some sore muscles) managed to trudge our way down the coast with no problems or injuries. We saw an otter, lots of sea lions, and no bears. But when we got back to my Mom's house, a bear had broken into the horse barn twice going after grain with molasses. If it isn't a skunk in the house, or racoon in the catfood, or a bear in the grain, it is something else out here in the sticks. I miss it.

There are lots of pictures. Really good ones. We're WAY behind with the pictures, but we'll be driving "into town" tomorrow to see Carlala's new house, catch a movie, change the oil in the car, and find some highspeed wireless to upload our photographic booty.

Yesterday we had a great time grilling for friends and neighbors at my Mom's house and recovering from our aches and pains.

Thursday we will depart to visit my friend Andie in Chico for a couple of days, then we're off to Oregon.

Happy Summer!

Advertisement



10th July 2006

Wow, y'all, it sounds like you're having a great time! Kate, I remember how much the Lost Coast meant to you. I'm so glad you got to take this trip with your lovely lady!!

Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0725s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb