Merry Christmas from the Desert


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Palm Springs
December 24th 2005
Published: December 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sunset in the DesertSunset in the DesertSunset in the Desert

Beautiful sunset last night
Merry Christmas to family and friends! We hope everyone has a happy, healthy and prosperous 2006. The Palm Springs area has been lovely with warm days and cool nights in the desert. Today will reach 82, hottest day we’ve had so far.

We are listening to Christmas music and remembering good times with family and friends during past holidays. We even have a little Christmas tree on the bus. We do miss everyone! But, somehow, we’re managing to enjoy ourselves and our surroundings.

On the recommendation of friends, we bought tickets to the Palm Springs Follies - WOW, what a stage show, over 3 hours long, with dancing, singing, and an MC telling stories and jokes, some corny and some hilarious. All the performers were over 55, and one was 82 years old. The women looked like Vegas showgirls, with the bodies and energy too! If you’re ever in the area, don’t miss this one.

We’ve managed to slip into a couple of Indian casinos. After 3 trips, we’re still slightly ahead. Alan likes blackjack, while Diane plays around at the slots. It’s easy to see why some people become addicted - it’s fun!

We played a little par 3 golf and visited the Thursday night street fair in Palm Springs where we had a lovely dinner at an outdoor café with great risotto and tortellini - and a good Italian chianti. We also checked out the El Paseo shopping district - Palm Springs’ finest - for a little window shopping. We’ll take a ride on the Aerial Tramway when the weather warms up more - it’s at least 20-30 degrees cooler up there at over 8,000 feet above the desert.

The Palm Springs International Film Festival and the Bob Hope Desert Classic golf tournament are coming up in January, so we’ll see what’s in store for us then. Stay tuned, and please write us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Roses at our siteRoses at our site
Roses at our site

Our site has about a half dozen rose bushes
Grapefruit treeGrapefruit tree
Grapefruit tree

There's a grapefruit tree, too.
Our Christmas TreeOur Christmas Tree
Our Christmas Tree

Only about 20 inches tall, but still a pretty tree.
Coco and RhondaCoco and Rhonda
Coco and Rhonda

All bright and shiny for Christmas
Coco decked out for ChristmasCoco decked out for Christmas
Coco decked out for Christmas

Stockings hung by the......windshield wipers??.......with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas would soon be there....


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb