Day 3 - on the road


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Napa
September 7th 2011
Published: September 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was our first proper day of driving. We left Napa behind (after another huge 3 course breakfast at Cedar Gables Inn) to head to Yosemite National Park. It’s a 4 hour drive so we set off in the morning and made good progress before stopping at Krispy Creme Doughnut. We initially stopped looking for a toilet but decided to have tea/coffee and doughnuts while we were there, despite having had 3 doughnuts for breakfast! We then pressed on and stopped again at Merced for lunch and to get food supplies for Yosemite. I have been to Merced before with Shashi and it was as I remembered - really not much to write home about. We got food, supplies and left. The temperature stayed in the 90s the whole way, reaching 101 at one point. We kept the roof on at the peak of the heat but later on as it cooled and we got near Yosemite we put the roof down which was great because it greatly improved the visibility of the scenery. Now we are at Yosemite View Lodge, which is a lot better than I expected. It looks slightly like a breeze block from the outside, but the room is very nice and we have a kitchenette so we can make our own meals. There’s a balcony overlooking the Merced River and trees beyond, which is lovely to sit out on and enjoy a glass of wine we bough from Napa!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb