New Years and Thailand Anticipation


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Monterey
January 7th 2008
Published: January 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Katrina and IKatrina and IKatrina and I

On the Train from LA to Salinas/Monterey (me) and Davis (her). New Years Eve.
We celebrated New Years at First Night Monterey, downtown, which to our delight is only a few blocks from our Christmas-light-bedecked-doorstep.
We ran into good friends while watching truly wonderful performances by talented local artists at various locations, then we all convened on the Plaza downtown...where the main stage was and the soon to be count-down was to occur. I ate samosas from India's Clay Oven booth, and Raj, the owner and my friend and Massage client, offered me some steaming chai, which was warm, sweet and thoughtful. After a week with my family visiting us here in Monterey for a fabulously magical Christmas and spontaneous wedding of my Mother, Karen and her love, Chris, another few days down in LA area celebrating my grandparents 50th with my entire extended family, a raucously fun and bonding train trip from LA to Salinas by Amtrak Train on New Years Eve with my beautiful younger sister, Katrina...the relaxed celebration of 2007 and welcoming in of 2008 was a perfect finale for my year.
Dave officially started his vacation time today at 6pm. The day was filled with non-stop sirens due to the gale (and higher) force winds and torrential downpour we experienced today.
Midnight LoveMidnight LoveMidnight Love

Welcoming in the New Year of 2008 downtown Monterey.

We are beyond disappointed that our weekend plans have needed to be canceled as there is a BLIZZARD happening between us and Carson City, Nevada where Dave's brother, Paul and girlfriend Indigo live, and their parents Carol and Roy are visiting for the holidays. We were supposed to drive up tonight, be there until Monday, then head straight to the airport in San Francisco on Tuesday to fly to Bangkok...alas, we shall not be extending our Christmas festivities this weekend...but rather packing and finalizing our time here...
We will be in Thailand for 3 weeks together, and then Dave will come back home to work, and I will stay on for three extra weeks.
We look forward to updating you all either along the way, or when we get home!
Peace and joy, blessing and love in the New Year!
~Heather and Dave~


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb