Day 19: LA with Brad and Haruki


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Marina del Rey
September 26th 2019
Published: September 26th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Day 19: LA with Brad and Haruki

Today we were treated to some local sights by a friend of my Brad and his fabulous four legged companion Haruki.
I originally met Brad when he lived in Melbourne twenty years ago. I also stayed with him 18 years ago on my way to and from the Galápagos Islands! A lot has happened since then so there was lots of catching up to do!

We met Brad and Haruki at a local coffee shop. It was possibly the coolest I’ve ever seen and it was great fun sitting out the front chatting to locals. Dean was very happy with the coffee and went back for a second cup before we headed off for breakfast. Our breakfast spot was an Australian Cafe that didn’t disappoint with the food or passing parade of colourful Venice Beach locals.
After breakfast we had a fabulous walk through the Venice Beach canals and saw some incredible homes. We enjoyed a quick pit stop (all this eating and drinking is hard work) at Brad’s breathtaking condominium!

Ever the gracious host, Brad had given us a range of options for the afternoon but the girls chose the aquarium in Long Beach. We headed off, but problems with the seatbelt in the back seat held us up. After a couple of stops, consultation with the vehicle manual and even a YouTube video we admitted defeat and headed to the car dealer. Fortunately our pride was saved by two technicians being called in to solve the problem!

We headed back onto the highway for a taste of LA traffic and had a terrific afternoon at the aquarium. The girls loved touching a sting ray and watching the seals, sea lions and otter shows.

Brad very kindly dropped us off at his favourite sushi restaurant Sugarfish and Dean and I enjoyed an incredible meal. My favourite on this trip! The girls were equally pleased with Shake Shack ?.

We thoroughly enjoyed our local taste of LA and were once again humbled by our gracious host. We look forward to returning the favour down under!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement




26th September 2019

wow
Caught up on three days just now. Looks like you guys are really getting a taste of the local sights and eateries, looks amazing! The sea otter is sooooo cute! Dean is really getting a decent facial growth happening there, Joe has competition!! Looking forward to the next blog, enjoy

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb