Day 20: Dean on Disneyland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
September 27th 2019
Published: September 27th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Day 20 - Disney day

We left our apartment bright and early so that we could get through the gates of Disneyland Park at a reasonable time.

We were through and ready for our first ride by 9am.

First up we visited Tomorrowland and tackled: the Buzz Lightyear ride; Star Tours; the Finding Nemo submarine; and Autopia. Autopia allowed Zoe and Bella to show us their driving skills for the first time - not bad either!

Then to Fantasyland where Bella was in her element: Pinocchio’s Daring journey; Snow White’s scary adventure; Sleeping Beauty’s castle; Dumbo the flying elephant; Mr Toad’s wild ride; the Storybook Land canal Boat ride; “its a small world” boat ride (and no I cant get that tune out of my head); and Bella’s absolute favourite, the Casey Jr Circus train.

Frontier land was next where Big Thunder Mountain Railroad proved to be one of Zoe’s favourites (twice) and high speeds and high gravity pulls!!

The Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge world was excellent and the Millenium Falcon Smugglers Run ride was brilliant. Like a video game but you are actually in it. Zoe and Dean were able to pilot the falcon. Zoe moved it left and right while Dean had the up and own control. Lets just say there was a fair bit of damage done to the Falcon!

Adventureland included the Jungle cruise (very funny - bit like Dean’s sense of humour); Indianan Jones Adventure (very cool) and the Tarzan tree house (which was a bit up and down so to speak).

In New Orleans Square we took the pirates of Caribbean ride as a whole family after convincing Bella it wasn’t that scary - a small white lie - but we all enjoyed it including Bella when it finished! Her Mickey Mouse ears also survived the journey - just.

The HIGHlight of the day was Zoe dragging Dean on the Splash Mountain ride. This sedate ride finishes with a 50 foot drop at 40 miles per hour. Its over in a heart beat, that’s assuming that your heart is still beating!!

The day was interspersed with standard American cuisine (with a small packet of fruit included for the kids to make us feel better about ourselves as we polished off the oversized cheese burgers).

And the day culminated with the brilliant Disney electronic light parade and a laser night show on Main Street.

By this stage it was 9.30pm! And we were all very tired as we struggled to the Uber pick up spot. The driver did not get a word from his passengers on the way home. There was not enough energy for small talk.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement





Tot: 0.351s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb