Day 20 of 21 - Luke 5:6 And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking.


Advertisement
Published: July 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Being in our old stomping grounds gave us familiarity and an even more longing to be home in Temecula. Rex began to talk about leaving and it was definitely on Jeff's and my minds. But, we had one goal while in Mammoth...TO CATCH FISH (and eat Ice Cream from Mono Cone)!

So, out the door we went with fishing poles, bait, and Roxy to Little Virginia Lake north of Mono Lake to our favorite fishing spot. Apparently, it is a LOT of people's favorite spot today as there were tons of people on boats & rafts on the lake and a lot of the shore space was filled up too. But not our favorite spot I guess because its a little hike over rocks and such...but it was not a problem for us just tenderfoot Roxy 😞

Once the poles were in, we got bites and reeled in quite a few on Night Crawlers and power bait, but they were all teeny tiny so most of the almost 20 fish we caught we released. We did have five keepers after about four hours of fishing so we decided it was time for an ice cream cone! Mono Cone had the same massive amount of people 😞, I guess we aren't use to being here in the middle of summer. But, we all ended up with huge dripping ice cream cones and had smiles on our faces.

The drive back down to Mammoth reminded us of how super green and lush and thick the timber of Montana and Idaho is compared to this brownish, thin and sparse timber here. I guess it has to do with the fuel management here in California and the severe lack of rain compared to the Rocky Mountains and glacier formed lakes and fed forests.

We returned to our campground to settle in and eat dinner and then have a campfire. Our Ryan loves campfires and this would be the last one of our trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb