The final countdown...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
October 30th 2012
Published: October 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sadly packed up to leave Palm Springs today, the desert wind was blowing hard and the hundreds of wind turbines on the freeway out of town were whizzing around like crazy. A straight route back down Interstate 10 winding its way down all the way to Los Angeles.

L.A. was busy yet again with yet another presidential campaign visit so once again, hotel prices went thru the roof, I cautiously chose a cheaper Travelodge opposite our favourite Westin, near the airport and conveniently next to Dennys Diner!

Hotel turned out to be a pleasant surprise, mixed reviews on Trip Advisor (surprise!) but found it very pleasant, nice spacious room with a pool view, super friendly bus driver Tony) who took me to the airport to sort out a quiery with my tickets and if you take the time to read the notes in the guest info book, this history of this traditional 1930 motel style hotel it has seen many famous faces in its past.

Of course as it was right on the dorrstep, we ate at Dennys both nights, cheap and cheerful and super calorific!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.351s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb