Welcome to Dodgertown, USA!


Advertisement
Published: April 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

April 14th (con't)

I got into LA from San Bernardino in about two hours, with my stomach growling and my mind on beer and sausages. My father and Tammy had a plan and I met them at Union Station.

We headed for the Arts District area of LA and to this German "beer hall" place called Wurstküche. Okay so it's not the Hofbrauhaus, more like an artsy hangout, but the beer was great!! They had ales and wheat imported from all over Belgium and Germany, plus awesome sausage mixtures like snake and rabbit, sun dried tomato, also alligator mixed with pork, and bockwurst. We enjoyed a few rounds of beer that were all about 7%!A(MISSING)BV or higher, so needless to say we got a good buzz before the game.

And the buzz continued as we got on the train back to Union Station and took the shuttle to Dodger Stadium. We met up with my father's friend and colleague, Frank, and headed inside the stadium. It was a very entertaining game, even for someone that really doesn't watch baseball with that much enthusiasm. We all drank more beer and ate Dodger Dogs and french fries and had a good time. The game went into extra innings and the Dodgers ended up losing.

We weren't there for the end though, we only stayed for one of the extra innings as we had to catch a bus to get us back over to our neck of the woods. I was so smart that I ended up leaving my phone on the bus, but lucky enough to call it 20 minutes later and talk with the bus driver. He got his reward (Tammy's famous chocolate chip oatmeal cookies!) an hour later when he passed through the bus stop he had previously dropped me off at. The guy seemed pretty stoked about getting some cookies, maybe he thought that they were of the "special" variety...

Bed time ensued shortly after the exchange and another day in LA awaited me...


Additional photos below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Dad grabbed something he shouldn't haveDad grabbed something he shouldn't have
Dad grabbed something he shouldn't have

and got himself a scooby snack! Haahahaha
Welcome to Dodgertown, USA!Welcome to Dodgertown, USA!
Welcome to Dodgertown, USA!

Shame their colors are the same as BCFC.
Me at the stadiumMe at the stadium
Me at the stadium

We had great seats!


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb