CHRISTMAS 2009 and beyond


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
December 22nd 2009
Published: February 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It always amazes me how our worlds shift when we begin to move things on, take flight and leave our nests. And how despite the somewhat difficult process of leaving a place that things simply fall into place - though not without planning and care.

Clarissa made it to the airport on 16th December, lost her bags in LA, began her family Christmas time in Denver, found her bags, pulled up some carpets, had bonbons for the first time, and celebrated a long overdue Christmas day with her mum, brothers, nephew and grandfather. And it all happened in 12 days! In the meantime Karen drove 'Gloria' to Wagga Wagga and also spent time with family. The obligatory Wednesday before Christmas at the Bank with mates served as a fabulous closure to a busy year.

We met in Toronto for New Year's eve with Karin and Danielle and then flew to London for a few days of rest and relaxation (in the coldest winter in 50yrs or something) before heading south toward Spain, the Canary Islands and Africa. Below we give a brief itinerary:

* Canary Islands (January) - WWOOFing
* Morocco (early February) - travel
* Southern Spain (late Feb-mid March) - WWOOFing
* Egypt (mid-late March) - travel
* South Africa (late March-end June) - travel; volunteering; soccer World Cup
* South America (July-December) - travel; volunteering

We both know that we have promised to set this website up for many months now. All we can say is ... sorry, it did happen (kind of) but not in the way we wanted so it lapsed. That said the idea to set up a travel website for our family and friends is a priority for us so here it is. With 2008 in Maui, Japan, Taiwan and South East Asia stored memories for us now we have attempted to start 2010 with a conscious diarised effort. So watch this space for travel blogs and short trip stories. Feel free to comment back if you like. Now sit back and enjoy the ride!

Karen and Clarissa


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



12th March 2010

Re: Hello World travellers =)
G'day! =) Helllooooo.... lovely ladies...... Omg i love your Monkey Magic blog,love the name too... Cute! You've certainly been on one hell of an adventure. Thanks for taking the time to share your journey. Looks like your both having a blast. How can you not really i guess?? Oh Kaza,the Dinah Shore star.. the look on your face,priceless huni =) Clarissa Xmas NY hmmm so innocent at being taken from behind by the cop ha ha ha!! Lovin that hat?? What is that..?? Keep the photos and blog coming!! Ive certainly enjoyed all of it. Travel safe =) and be good.. NOT!! mwah to you both x0x0x Miss you gals ;)

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb