6th July, 2009. Travel to Banning, Los Angeles.


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

6th July, 2009. Travel to Banning, Los Angeles, California

Left Mojave early, to beat the winds, the winds tend to push the RV around so much easier without them, hasn't changed overnight, still a barren place. Travelled to Four Corners where we turned right onto HW395 and the winds - lovely.
Prior to getting to Four Corners we saw our first ever Mirage - a great Lake out in the desert - NOT - it was more sand, tell you what though if I had been thirsty I would have walked there, Also passed Edwards Air Base, which is in the middle of nowhere.
Hit the San Bernadino Motorway, and the brakes shortly after, 4 lanes had come to a standstill, took a while before we moved on, and shortly after two ambulances, a fire truck, and a Policeman raced up the inside of the four lanes. Was at crawling pace for a while and we eventually passed the accident site, looks like a truck had somersaulted along the highway leaving lots of broken plastic before going over a bank, hope everyone survived.
Back into the traffic of Los Angeles, speed limit is 70mph so we were being passed by lots as I take it fairly steady on these highways, down into Banning and the local KOA (Kampgrounds of America), why here, well its close to where we need to be with the RV.
Quite afternoon and then out to Sizzlers for dinner, very nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb