Down the California Coast


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We left Stanford rather early and drove down to Hearst Castle. We were going to take the coastal route but the sickening aspect of the day before meant we drove down a straighter road and then cut to the coast for castle. However, it's hard to see the castle because it's far away, on a hill, and requires a guided tour. So we just saw it from afar.

Then we continued down the coast towards Los Angeles. We arrived in Studio City and their apartment is very nice. We sat around for a little bit talking and then went to get some gelatto before going to the Mets-Dodgers baseball game. The little gelatto place was across the street from the place where Robert Blake had his wife killed (well, he is technically not guilty). Then we walked a little bit to see if we could spot any stars, but were unsuccessful. Maybe tomorrow as we walk around the city.

The Mets-Dodgers game was interesting...and rather empty. We sat up in the nosebleeds, but right behind home plate. There were actually a lot of Mets fans in Dodgers Stadium which surprised me a little bit. Sadly the Mets lost, but it was still a fun time.

Tomorrow we will spend time in LA and the continue down to San Diego and have a generally relaxing day. I can't wait to get back across the country!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb