Bon Voyage


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
December 23rd 2005
Published: December 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Chicago --> Los Angeles

American Airlines Flight 729 from Chicago to Los Angeles

12/20 Old Town Ale House12/20 Old Town Ale House12/20 Old Town Ale House

Sarah, Ryan, Matt, Stephanie, Christine, Justin, and Erica at the Old Town Ale House on Tuesday night
We feel like this has been the longest farewell, since everyone has been the trickling away for the holidays. Each day at 5 pm, another person stopped by Chris' desk to say goodbye. Thanks to all her co-workers at the Smart Museum for the warm wishes, the goodbye toast, the thoughtful card, and...well...letting her go for seven months. And extra special thanks to all of you who helped her find my lost car keys on Friday - big disaster averted.

Justin left for San Francisco on Wednesday to visit friends Z and TW. Chris hung out a few more days to finish up some last things before flying straight to LA. The final day was a real adventure - she lost her car keys and then locked the spare key in the car (yes, yes, you can laugh). By the time she sorted all of this out, she got to the airport a smidgen too late and was bumped to the next flight. So we hope this isn't any indication of how the rest of the trip will go, but she did get on the next flight. She's now with her parents in Palos Verdes, CA. Justin flys down here tomorrow along with Z, who will be joining her family for the holiday. Z, knows the DuRochers are always happy to adopt him for a holiday - Thanksgiving, Easter, Arbor Day, whatever.

In the past week we packed in a ton of goodbyes to both our friends and our beloved city of Chicago. We demolished a deep-dish pizza from the comfort of the Kappleberg's living room as we watched the Bears beat Atlanta at an absolutely frigid Soldier Field. Monday night, we hit the Billy Goat - a place we love so much we took our wedding photos there - for double cheeseburgers and beers with friends Katie and Phil. For Justin's last night in Chicago, we ate racks of Chicago ribs with Justin's sister Sarah and friends Ryan, Erica, Matt, and Stephanie. And on Wednesday, Chris' co-worker Mike sponsored some post-work drinking at Jimmy's in Hyde Park. So for those who have noticed me looking a bit tired this week, now you know why.

We'll miss Chicago (Justin has packed his Bears jersey and we'll be trying to watch as we go). Admittedly, the recent single digit temperatures make this departure a bit easier. We look forward to being back in time for summer festivals the Cubs pennant run.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 26; dbt: 0.018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb