Disneyland and Universal Studios


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
November 11th 2006
Published: November 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

can u make out the hollywood sign?can u make out the hollywood sign?can u make out the hollywood sign?

yep..it's there in the background..our happy bunch..25 happy gals and 3 happy trs...plus jenny of course!
the last two days of our trip was spent in disneyland and universal studios. For me, even tho' i've been to disneyland a number of times - LA, Florida, Hong Kong...the magical feel is always there..and it's just a happy place for families and kids..and of course..the young at heart!

we managed to do a couple of rides - and pose with our fav characters...the weather was really hot in the daytime...but dropped tremendously at nite...

we also managed to catch the filming of the christmas@disney show and see the colourful christmas parade up close...what a sight...i luv christmas!

and of course, what is LA without going to see the Avenue of Stars...even HK's avenue of stars just pale in comparison to this stuff...take pix with Hollywood in the background and of course...take a behind-the-scene ride to see how Desperate Housewives are filmed...in fact, the effects and stunts (for the recent show "fast and furious" ) had one of my PRC students saying that "oh...now i feel so cheated!" ..aha..the wonders of make-belief..which is what universal studios is all about...

it's a great great place and of course..the great weather helps..

for me, the last two days were a great stress relief knowing that the edn part is done and now we can have some fun 😊 enjoy the pix...


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

doing the tourist thingdoing the tourist thing
doing the tourist thing

yep...we r behaving like real tourists of course...posing in front of the hollywood sign!
the cleopatra's couch?the cleopatra's couch?
the cleopatra's couch?

hang loose man..btw, the couch is no soft pillow...it's all made of metal! ha ha
now what is frankie doing?now what is frankie doing?
now what is frankie doing?

a man's and his bevy of gals? ha ha..it's good old frankie and our gals ...
now who is this?now who is this?
now who is this?

one of those fun shots...
with spidermanwith spiderman
with spiderman

now..how do i make the web? ha ha..i don't think i got the position of my fingers right?!
how can anyone resist this?how can anyone resist this?
how can anyone resist this?

johnny debb's footprints and handprints are the latest addition..and even tho' i told myself i won't be taking such a pix..well...it's too fun to resist when u r there :)
now is she squatting for the toilet?now is she squatting for the toilet?
now is she squatting for the toilet?

i had so much fun taking this shot that i laughed almost nonstop...c how jenny squatted so that the whole words of johnny debb can be clearly seen...
hmmm...a more decent pose!hmmm...a more decent pose!
hmmm...a more decent pose!

this is definitely so much better!!
sherley and jennysherley and jenny
sherley and jenny

with darth vader??
getting our oxygen fixgetting our oxygen fix
getting our oxygen fix

with some minutes to spare while waiting for the gals..we decided to try the oxygen bar...*grin.actually it's a counter..but it proved to be not so great afterall!!
look! we r all wired up!look! we r all wired up!
look! we r all wired up!

this gives a new meaning to the "wiring" up business...jenny n sherley having their oxygen fixes!
passing by beverly hillspassing by beverly hills
passing by beverly hills

the estate is so exclusive that u can't get onto the roads that lead to the houses of the rich and famous!
even the street lamps are chandaliers!even the street lamps are chandaliers!
even the street lamps are chandaliers!

can u c the opulence of the street lamps?!
at farmers marketat farmers market
at farmers market

this was one huge shopping and eating place where u can buy souvenirs and fruits! si ying and xinyi ..taking a break here..the muffins r great and nice here!
at UCLAat UCLA
at UCLA

the beautiful campus and buildings at UCLA - a shot with my prc students, yunyu and keqin, as well as vivien
at splash mountainat splash mountain
at splash mountain

disneyland's splash mountain...
haunted househaunted house
haunted house

halloween@haunted house


Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb