Countdown


Advertisement
Published: April 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We're now on the floor in sleeping bags counting the last few days before departure. After three months of selling all possesions, our home of fifteen years now echoes of emptiness as we ready ourselves for our around the world adventure. We kicked off preparations three months ago with a humongous yard sale, followed by trashing, donating and really just ridding ourselves of everything we owned. The challenge of total house cleaning is more emotional than physical. Try disposing of your kids collection of soccer, piano or academic trophies. But with years of road travel ahead, something has to give. Now the mail has been forwarded, bills made paperless, neighbors and friends bid farewell to and our house rented, the countdown has begun. Amei and I have always held a wish to woldwide wandering, dreaming and delaying as we happily commited to raising two wonderful kids. Since they returned our love with maturity and responsibility, we're confident our family will strengthen and endure even as physcial distances grow. Now a $200 one way ticket to Cancun this Sunday will open the world before us. Cancun is our gateway south through Central and South America and onto Africa and Asia. Who knows what the road will reveal, but we're ready and excited to embrace its revelations.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb