Day Two in LA


Advertisement
Published: July 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Jimin was at work and we woke up late. We got dressed and hit the town. We turned left onto Santa Monica Blvd and just started driving. We passed through Beverly Hills and blasted WEEZER! The stores were incredible-we passed a store completely dedicated to caviar! We continued driving toward the ocean. The traffic got thicker the closer we got so we pulled off at the public library. We paid the meter and went for a walk. We stopped at the Goodwill, where Zack picked up 2 T-shirts for $4. This was the craziest goodwill ever. All the clothes were Lucky Brank, Ed Hardy, and American Apparel. Haha-I guess we aren’t in Nashville anymore.

We continued walking passed a lot more ritzy shops and finally saw the ocean. We made it to the Pacific! The Santa Monica Beach was very nice and very big. There were a lot of people swimming and complaining about the “heat”. It was the most beautiful 80 degree day I can remember. We walked along the beach sidewalk-it was just like the movies where you see LA teenagers rollerblading, but we didn’t see anyone with bikini’s above their hips or wearing visors.

Then Beau Smith called us for lunch. He was leaving an acting gig, so we walked around the city of Santa Monica waiting to hear from him. We found ourselves on the 3rd St. Promenade where we saw cools stores, street performers, fortune tellers, and witty beggars. We stopped to watch a guy jump over a line of people, but he just kept faking us out. He would run up to them, then change his mind. Before long, Beau picked us up on the corner of 6th and Colorado and we headed out to Marina Del Ray.

We drove through town and caught up on all that has happened in the last 7 years, then found ourselves at Thomas’ Burger Restaurant. Zack enjoyed his first pastrami sandwich and I had a delicious hamburger. Beau opted for the fish and chips, which looked amazing. Dinner was good, but we had to head back. As we made our way back to Santa Monica, Beau told us about his experiences in LA and told us where a lot of famous people live.

Beau dropped us off at the car, we said our goodbyes and hopes to meet again, and we decided to see the sun set on the Pacific. We walked to the Santa Monica Pier and watched the fisherman for a while. The wind picked up and it started to cool down. For $10, we decided to ride the ferris wheel and get a better view. Surprisingly, we got about a 20-minute ride and watched the sun disappear. It was all gold and orange in the air. It was a beautiful ride.

Chilled and hungry we headed back to Koreatown. Jimin fixed us some delicious dinner that we shared at the table. It was nice to sit and talk with Jimin for awhile, showing each other pictures from yesteryear and this year. After sharing memories and cleaning up, we decided we REALLY needed donuts. We had seen so many 24 hr. donut shops while driving around town, that we’d thought it’d be no problem to find one. Well, we were wrong. We drove around for 45 minutes, looking for a donut shop. Finally Whinshel’s glowing, yellow sign welcomed us in. We ordered a dozen, but there a dozen is 14! We left them out on the table all night, encouraging Jimin’s roommates to help us complete the Winshel’s Dozen.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.485s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.2681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb