Redondo Beach


Advertisement
Published: March 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Crowne Plaza HotelCrowne Plaza HotelCrowne Plaza Hotel

This is the hotel we stayed at in Redondo Beach called the Crowne Plaza.
Redondo Beach is an amazing place. Me and Angie both agreed that we felt like it wasn't overcrowded like most beaches are, but instead a cozy town that has a cheerfull setting. It was a quick drive there and back without getting stuck in traffic. The weather was almost at its best. It was in the upper 60'S and was sunny on saturday, but overcast was apparent on Sunday, making both days gorgeous. We arrived at Redondo at 11:30 am and checked in at the Crowne Royal. After checking in we decided to find Samba because we had made reservations online.



When we arrived at Samba it looked pretty empty, but then again it was Saturday morning. The good thing about saturday morning is the Brazilian Brunch they served. It had anything you could imagine from eggs and pancakes to champagne and lamb. There was a muffin looking cake that wasn't touched so I had decided to skip it, but Angie was brave enough to give it a try. Her bravery was rewarded with a sweet muffin/pancake texture that was delicous. During our restaurant experience there was a gentlman that would bring freshly cooked meats. He would cut slices
Crowne FishCrowne FishCrowne Fish

This Fishtank was very impressive. Very clean and had some cool fish.
of lamb, bring chicken, and sausage. Our time at Samba was great and the view infront of us was even better. We had a view of the ocean and waves hitting the rocks. It was definetly a great way to start our day.



After eating we decided to make are way towards their shopping center in order to see The Watchmen. We had a few hours to kill before the movie so we decided to stop by BJ's for a quick drink. I had a Hefeweizen with an orange slice and Angie had found the secret formula for what I thought was Gummy Bear Beer. So after throwing a couple back we saw our movie at the AMC theatre which was around the corner. The movie was very good. It was a long movie but had alot of great cinematography. After the movie we walked around the shopping center admiring the look and talked about the movie. After the stroll we headed back to the hotel to relax.



We parked the car for the night and decided to take a quick rest in the room. After a few cups of coffee we headed out to
LobbyLobbyLobby

This is the lobby of the hotel. There is Angie on the right!
crave a sweet tooth. Across from our hotel was another diner called Ruby's. Ruby's is a 1940's styled diner that serves old fashion hamburgers, malts, and delicous french fries! So after fries and a sunday we felt content and went back to the hotel to sleep. I moved the couch inside our room to outside on our patio. Me and Angie grabbed a blanket and cuddled outside right before dozing off, then we dragged everything back inside uncluding ourselves.



The next morning we made our way to the pier and walked around looking at the shops and restruants. We had shared a bagel from Coffee Bean and had a coffee where the beach started and the pier stopped. Then we made our way back to the car and left back towards home. The city of Redondo was amazing. It was so amazing we decided to make it a goal to bring our lives out there. I could definetly see myself in a city of friendly people and pet lovers. It is a city that is active at night then it is during the day. I would definetly suggest Redondo as a good trip to get away from everything.
The MarinaThe MarinaThe Marina

Here is our view from the patio.
Me and Angie were smiling and laughing are whole time there.




Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

SambaSamba
Samba

Really good service with a fancy exotic look inside.
Samba BrunchSamba Brunch
Samba Brunch

This is the view from inside of Samba. We had a Brazilian Brunch and champagne
BJ's for BeerBJ's for Beer
BJ's for Beer

We stopped at BJ's for a couple of beers.
Men's and Women'sMen's and Women's
Men's and Women's

Whyder's Pear Cider and a Hefeweizen w/ orange slice.
Glow in the DarkGlow in the Dark
Glow in the Dark

There were this boxes that glowed around the shopping outlet.
Rainbow FountainRainbow Fountain
Rainbow Fountain

The fountain in the outlet had 3 different levels, each one faded into a different color as time progressed.
Rainbow Fountain 2Rainbow Fountain 2
Rainbow Fountain 2

Here's a better picture of the fountain without the 2 tourists in the way.
Ruby'sRuby's
Ruby's

The 50's diner which is off the rocks of the beach.
BathroomBathroom
Bathroom

Because whats a trip without a bathroom picture.
13th Street13th Street
13th Street

The sand was cold and the sky was cloudy
MarinaMarina
Marina

There were tons of different ships and boats of all sizes.
AngieAngie
Angie

Walking along the marina.
Sad FishSad Fish
Sad Fish

"Fish have to swim, birds' gotta eat."
PierPier
Pier

Pier that starts after the marina.
STAY OFF BEACH!STAY OFF BEACH!
STAY OFF BEACH!

Coolest little beach and there were stairs but they were boarded up and said to stay off the beach
Holy Ship!Holy Ship!
Holy Ship!

Can you see the ship in the background?
Coffee BreakCoffee Break
Coffee Break

Me and Angie sat where the restaurants end for a coffee break.
Friendly PeopleFriendly People
Friendly People

The city of Redondo had people who were very friendly and cheerfull.


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb