Run Forest Run!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » LAX
February 21st 2014
Published: May 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

6 hours! 6 bloody hours on a crammed plane across the country to LA. Probably the worst flight I have ever been on. The sights and views of the American mountains and plains though were something quite beautiful. Finally we landed in LAX! Woohoo! One Problem... We had a little less than an hour to make it from Domestic to the International Terminal... Now if you've been to LAX you know it’s a pretty big airport, and we basically had to run straight through the middle of this massive airport to get directly to our terminal in time for our flight.



Now picture this... A group of 6 college kids, two teenagers and a few elderly/middle aged travellers running at night through parking garages, crossing streets and at one point even jumping a fence with all their carry-on luggage. Quite an experience to say the least. We made it to security though for the International Terminal, the line was huge, and they were already calling our names over the intercom. That was when we noticed one of our 6 guys wasn't in line with us. Looking back we saw him looking frantic and confused. The worst thing that could have happened, had happened... During the run of our life he had dropped his passport somewhere along the way... At the moment of this trip it was all for one and one for all. The 5 of us pushed forward through security as the unlucky one retraced his steps hoping to get lucky.



We finally got to security after TSA let us jump ahead of other passengers. At this point our names were called for the third time...not good. We were almost there though...and we made it! We checked in with 10 minutes to spare, woohoo! Then more bad news, one of our other LVC adventurers was on a different flight, he had to wait for his flight to leave sometime later. So far the trip seemed like a sick twisted version of Survivor as one by one we were dropping off; could we really survive the next 4.5 months?



We stepped onto our next flight, the 4 of us, 18 hours in the air. Next stop Auckland, NZ, good luck to the rest...





-The Time We Have

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb