Arrival!


Advertisement
Published: January 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Departure!Departure!Departure!

Leaving mummy and daddy :(
After a long 13 hours (mostly of sleep) flight from Sydney to LAX i arrived at Safe and excitied to spend the day in Hollywood! After getting through customs and getting my visa approved (only took about 2 hours 😞 - i was met by a friend from Lismore uni on Study abroad- Katie!

Of course, when i went to get into the car i tried to get in the drivers seat- silly cars driving on the wrong side of the road! dont think il ever get use to that one! All the cars are so big!



Seeing the streets of Hollywood is practically everything you expect to see from t.v.- people everywhere! I walked over all the stars names and footprints on the sidewalk and saw the big hollywood sign! People dress up as cartoon characters and then theres the people who hand out music cds trying to get discovered!



I had my first fast food burger from a place called 'Juicy Burgers' i only wanted a small meal but apparently there small is the size of our large and super cheap!



Would of loved to send longer in LA
Katie!Katie!Katie!

Hollywood- Day 1
but i had another flight to get me to Minneapolis, Minnesota!

Will defintly be going back but just spending the day made me realise how crazy it would be to live in such a big city!

Advertisement



6th January 2013

hi mel, glad to read that you have arrived safely and are exploring your new home. this blog is a fantastic way to stay intouch -for old ducks like me who don't have facebook - lol . I caught up with dad,mum,amy and heidi this arvo they told me to log onto your blog. take care,stay warm and have loads of fun!!! aunty shell :) xx

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb