Minnesota!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Minneapolis
January 5th 2013
Published: January 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

A 3 hours trip from LAX i arrived at the airport (middnight). They call minnesota, 'The twin cities' because two major cities connect, minneapolis and the other city being St Paul. The whole of minneapolis is divided into uptown, downtown and the suburbs. They streets sound so simple because they name them by numbers so 1st street (downtown)to 100th Street (uptown). But its super big and confusing to me!

Driving the streets is intersting because you can see 'gangs' walking around, while ive been told there not racist, people still describe each other as black, white or asian. or the new one i learnt "hipsters" (people who wear tight jeans and glasses with no glass).

They are very gun friendly- its normal to have a gun in the glove box of your car which i just find scary.

David took me to a gun show- which waslike a big hall with all the diffenrt types of guns you can buy. I saw some interesting people there! Apparently the whole city is going a little gun mad stocking up on there supply in case the new law passes banning guns by the president (because of the school shootings).So they
Erin and Taylor!Erin and Taylor!Erin and Taylor!

Girls from SCU lismore
are in high demand.



But more exciting news i got to go shopping! the mall of america- which is the biggest mall in the states! i didnt make it off one floor of about 8! Theres a lego land and theme parks and soo many activitys i cant wait to go back!


I ate taco bell for the first and probly last time!

The weather got to -22 degrees which was the first time i reallly could tell it was freezing.

While the foods not as good and im waking up to the snow everyday im defintly having a fun time so far!

Im now settling into a new house in a new town called Menomonie. Which is in the State Wisconsin and home of the Stout University.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb