Venice Beach


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday Lucy and I got 2 buses and found ourselves at Venice beach. As you can imagine there were alot of strange performers and people holding signs. One guy was advertising that you could 'kick him in the nuts for $10" another strange old man was balancing a bottle of water on top of a loaf of bread on top of his head (he was my favourite). We decided we didn't really like Venice Beach all that much (apart from water-bread man) so after spending a little while watching some skateboarders we made the long trip back to our hostel. Stopped in at this giant 'Whole Foods' hoping we might see Jennifer Aniston doing her weekly shop (we didn't) and got some amazing expensive salads.. I don't know if I have ever seen Lucy more excited than as she gazed in awe down the isles of Whole Foods!
The day before was a really good day - we headed to the grove and the farmers market, checked out some shops, including maybe the creepiest place I have ever been - "All American Girl". It's a shop full of dolls that children get made to look just like them. It sells matching outfits for you and your doll and has a doll hair salon at the back. Me and Lucy were hella creeped out so we left and went to the Tim Burton exhibition down the road at the LACMA. Much better. Seeing about twenty Jack Skellington heads on sticks and Edward's actual scissorhands is much less creepy to me than "All American Girl" ever could be.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb