Syd to LAX


Advertisement
Published: August 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

Outside El Capitan Theatre, home of Jimmy Kimmel Live and for today, premiere of Step Up 3D
After checking out Qantas business lounge after a smooth check-in at Sydney airport, we boarded ontime only to find out the plane would be delayed due to late connecting flights from Perth and Melbourne. The A380 is a massive plane but being new it was pretty cool - awesome inseat entertainment unit and comfy seats with decent leg room. Flight was uneventful but 14hrs is a long time to be sitting down. I got up and ventured back to the galley to have a chat with stewardess a few times just to stretch my legs.

Landed at LAX only 15mins late, not bad as we left over an hour late from Sydney. I got through US immigration and customs pretty easily but could see a few people being given a hard time.

Ended up jumping on a super shuttle to our Hollywood Motel 6 which is home until we go to New York. Its cheap and basic but clean and comfortable - not to mention its awesome location, 2 blocks from the happening Hollywood and Highland intersection. We did the obligatory walk around the stars and footprints around Graumanns Chinese Theatre and the Kodak Theatre. Our first meal in the US was at CPK where we had a funky pizza and massive salad which we didn't even get near finishing. Went back to the hotel for a nap as jet lag was starting to kick in.

As dusk settled in we took a walk down Hollywood Blvd where there was a red carpet premiere of Step Up 3D. Continued walking around and ended up walking all the way down Sunset Blvd where nothing much was happening probably as it was a Monday night. Caught a taxi back to Highland where it was still happening due to the premiere. Grabbed a quick dinner at a decent Japanese restaurant before heading home to crash after essentially a double Monday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Photo 8Photo 8
Photo 8

Egyptian Theatre


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb