Museum of Tolerance


Advertisement
Published: June 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I first heard of the Museum of Tolerance in the film, "The Freedom Writers," and as it was such an amazing film I wanted to go to the museum. And boy was it amazing. Literally the most well thought out museum I've been to since being in Los Angeles, I certainly did not realise how long I had been there until I got out.

It started off with some multimedia interactive scenes and that went through racism and prejudice in the USA and as it went through 9/11 the main feature was World War 2 including pre-nazi Germany, the rise of Nazi Germany and the holocaust. Each person takes a card which has a picture of a child which went through the holocaust and as you went through a reconstructed Germany you found out some information about the child you had and at the end you found out whether the child lived or died. Pretty intense.
The information was raw, honest and so easily accessible it was incredible and a most rewarding experience. After we had a talk with a woman, Eva Brown, who was a holocaust survivor. To attempt to re-gail her story on here would not do it justice, but as a holocaust survivor and now a woman battling with leukaemia really makes you think that you can do anything.

If anything this museum gives hope, and inspiration to everyone.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb