Hollywood - stars, actual stars and tattoo's


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We were on the road by 9am this morning for our 2 hour journey to LA. We stopped about half way at a place called Laguna beach and got a drink then headed straight for the Hollywood sign - Nige had looked up a way of getting as close as possible so we thought we would take our chances and follow the directions. It was through really narrow twisting streets, and as we approached, Liz even got out her make up to slap on her face - all for the hollywood sign! Some of the corners we could barely get the car round, a short while later we arrived. We jumped out and were pretty much the only people there so played around with the camera as the pics will show!

We found a much easier route down, and made our way to Rodeo Drive. We parked up to a bargain price of a $1 an hour! So had a stroll about and then found somewhere for lunch. The owner spotted Nigels England football shirt and offered him on numerous occassions our meal for the shirt - Nige declined!

We made our way back to the car and took
LizLizLiz

In Hollywood at last!
a drive round Beverly Hills before making our way to our hotel, we had a ridiculous amount of luggage which we unloaded and took to our room. We sorted ourselves out and took the short walk down to Hollywood blvd.

As we walked along we noticed a movie premiere going on - Letters to Juliet, so watched some of the stars arrive, then walked up the end part to who else's, but Elvis's star! It was then back along to the tattoo studio's, Nige & Andy went in a bar whilst myself and Liz checked out the tattoo's. I showed them the print outs I had and bargained a price and Liz discussed through what she was after, she also agreed a price but we went back to the bar so Liz could get some dutch courage!

A couple of drinks later we went back and started getting our tattoo's done, I was taken upstairs, whilst Liz was downstairs in full view of the shop, As they started Liz's she broke out in a hot sweat, had to lie down and be fanned, she did manage to go through with it though - However I'm not allowed to
NigeNigeNige

Attempting to hold the sign up!
say what she had done as she wants to show everyone when she gets back.

As soon as we left, Liz needed another drink so we went to the nearest bar - A Hooters - Now 17 years ago Nige went in to one of these with Keith and Joe as a baby in a carry cot, they had a few drinks then got up to leave forgetting they had Joe, leaving him on the table!! We ate here too then headed back for a few drinks at the hotel!




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Me & LizMe & Liz
Me & Liz

LA skyline in the distance
Nige & AndyNige & Andy
Nige & Andy

Holding the sign....
AndyAndy
Andy

Mustang & Sign
Beverly HillsBeverly Hills
Beverly Hills

Beverly Hills Park sign
LizLiz
Liz

Rodeo Drive sign
Restaurant ownerRestaurant owner
Restaurant owner

The guy after Nigels shirt
All our luggageAll our luggage
All our luggage

How did that fit in a Mustang Convertible boot?!
Kodak theaterKodak theater
Kodak theater

Academy awards happen here
ActressActress
Actress

Not sure who this is but she is from the film 'Letters to Juliet'
Amanda SeyfriedAmanda Seyfried
Amanda Seyfried

From the film 'Letters to Juliet'
Nige, Liz & AndyNige, Liz & Andy
Nige, Liz & Andy

At 'Hollywood walk of fame' star
Liz's bloody armLiz's bloody arm
Liz's bloody arm

Literally look closer, its all blood!


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb