LA...May 14th-19th


Advertisement
Published: June 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone!

So sorry its been ages since I last did a blog! Since my last blog we have been in Los Angeles, and have travelled the whole way through New Zealand. This is our LA adventure update!!!

After leaving Panama city we flew into LA. We stayed in West Hollywood for 5 nights. We spent a day in Universal Studios which was ok, but we were expecting way more rides and rollercoasters so we were a bit dissappointed, still enjoyed the day though!! After our day here we went to Vinny Jones' house in Beverly Hills for a bbq. Lovely house on the hills, with a big Union Jack in the drive so we knew we were at the right house when we pulled up! His wife was lovely. She welcomed us in and filled us with lots of drink while we waited for Vinny to fly in from Dakota where he had just finished his courtcase and found innocent for the assault charge on him. He was so nice and down to earth. We had a massive steak then from the bbq, it was yummy!!! We all had a fun night and then his driver from Bulgaria drove us home in his Range Rover...nice!

The rest of the time in LA was fun, we saw Venice beach, Santa monica beach and pier, and of course did some shopping on the Santa Monica main shopping street. We had a night out with Vinny's step daughter and her boyfriend in Santa Monica to. We also spent a day strolling around Hollywood boulevard checking out all the stars on the ground and the hand&foot prints outside the Chinese Theatre (the main cinema where all the big premiers in LA are held). We went to see Wolverine here...was a really nice cinema. On Monday Vinny had flown to Detroit to film his new movie so he gave us his driver for the day..and we went to Magic Mountain Theme park. It was so much fun. So many rollercoasters there...standing up, lying down, backwards, and normal...so exciting. We also hired oldschool bikes and cycled along the Venice beach and Santa Monica promenade sort of thing. Lovely place there.
Had a great time there, but wouldn't be rushing back anytime soon.

Next blog...New Zealand, on the way soon!!! 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb