Day 13 - Character Breakfast & Shopping!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
September 27th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Started the day with a Character Breakfast at Goofy’s Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel. This treat was an unexpected bonus with our Qantas package, otherwise we would not have bothered. The Disneyland Hotel has the reputation as being THE place to stay, and the price reflects this. As far as I could tell from our very brief look around, the only benefit would be it’s proximity to Disneyland - it appeared neither opulent nor overly special to us. But the breakfast selection was extensive & yummy - you name it, they had it - even Mickey Mouse shaped waffles. It was nice to fill up on omlettes and bacon etc for a change, and the kids (including the big one) enjoyed the tons of desert treats and lollies on offer. We had Goofy, Chip n Dale & Brer Bear come to our table to say “hi” and have a cuddle. A neat thing to do, but over-rated when you have kids our age.

Then we were off shopping - our first day dedicated to the malls. The concierge gave us vague directions to a Westfield Mall somewhere and so off we headed. Stopped in at the Target store just down the street first for a quick look, then eventually after driving for miles found the mall we were recommended. It was really good, with two levels of shops like St Lukes as well as Macy’s, Nordstroms & JC Penney’s. Spent a few hours and $$$ here - but shopping with kids is never going to be “fun”. Got back to the hotel with the help of TomTom in about 5 minutes along the I5 freeway, as opposed to 25 minutes the concierge way (typical!), then managed to track down a really cool sports store (Sports Authority). Shoes and gear here was really cheap so we got a little carried away again (well, why not?) - just in case we don’t get the chance again (will have to get that other suitcase out now I think - hee hee).

Again, ended up back at the hotel at around 7pm (where does the time go?)…





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb