Day 12 - DISNEYLAND / CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
September 26th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Headed straight to California Adventure today - the newest of the Disney Theme Parks. First “ride” - Soaring over California; a very unique ride which has you belted into seats which raises you off the ground and tips you over a giant screen as if you are on a hang glider whizzing over the beautiful spots in California - very cool!

Made our way around the park in a more orderly fashion this time to save the feet - and before long we reach the ride from hell (in my opinion). One of those ones that you sit down and get shot straight up at a million miles and hour - one that you couldn’t pay me enough to get on! Well, Steve and the girls were keen so I just sat and watched like an old nana. Ashleigh did so well - she nearly chickened out, but stuck to her guns and conquered her fear - but never again I don’t think. She was shaking for a good 15 minutes afterwards. So we decided to take a more leasurely ride next - the Sun Wheel (A humungous ferris wheel - with a catch!). Now, I normally like ferris wheels even tho I don’t like heights, but this sucker had a wee trick up it’s sleeve - the cages were on long oval tracks which made them swing backwards and forwards waaaaaaaay up there as it turned. Slight panic attack, eyes closed and it’s all over - thank God! Won’t be fooled into that one again!!!!!

So, must be time for some roller coaster action after changing the underwear. Far out!!! Well, this was the absolute BEST rollercoaster we have ever been on. It was really fast, quite smooth and a loooooooong ride. The thrills were enough to get the heart pumping, but not nearly as terrifying as the ferris wheel. We jumped straight back on for a second go!

Watched the Pixar Parade and headed back over to Disneyland in time to see their Parade, then have some dinner, more rides (not a good order to do it in) and watch the fireworks (which have to be seen to be believed - they are so good).

Made it back to the hotel on the shuttle this time by 11pm, again absolutely exhausted.





Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb