Disney and restoring the balance


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
September 26th 2008
Published: September 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post


Our trip is fast coming to a close, and we have spent the last few days in LA. After much history, culture, and wonders of nature over the last few months we thought we would end the trip with a few days in Disneyland.

Leading up to this week, 'home' has been a topic of conversation. However during the week those thoughts have been temporarily put to one side as we Disneyland-ed until our hearts were content.

Each of the kids have had their favorite rides/exhibits.
At the Star Wars ( is this Disney ? ) Jedi Academy, Albert was chosen to begin his training to become a Jedi Master. He was dressed up in robes, taught how to use a light sabre, and had a battle with the evil Darth Maul. The Force was with him and he survived.

Maddy is a self confirmed 'roller coaster junkie' and has pushed her parents to the limit. She and her Mum even went on the 'Californian Screamin' coaster at the adjoining theme park - Californian Park.

Jack really enjoyed the Star Wars tour ride, this is where you strap into a space pod and fly through space while they shake the space pod like a can of fly spray....

Theme Parks are becoming very innovative, and one of the better rides was 'Soaring over California'. You are strapped into a realistic airline seat and then you get lifted off the ground and up against a huge curved movie screen. The movie is a showcase of what is in California, and as you move with the flight (tilting forward, back and side ways) you also experience the rush of air and a few smells along the way.

Disneyalnd and California Park have been a lot of fun, and a great way to end the trip. See you all at 'Home'.





















Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb