4/2/2012 - Mojave, CA to Lone Pine, CA - Film Museum & Movie Road


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Lone Pine
April 2nd 2012
Published: April 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we are leaving Mojave, CA and headed to Lone Pine, CA. We traveled Red Rock Canyon National Park. Along the way we went 16 miles without a curve. The area we are in is considered the high dessert. Along the way, out of nowhere there was this emerald green lake.

We arrived at Boulder Creek RV Resort. Really nice park and just off Hwy 395 just south of Lone Pine.

Got set up and went to the Film Museum. Took some pics here. The Lone Pine area was center for many of the old westerns starring stars like Fatty Arbuckle, Tom Mix, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, John Wayne, Audie Murphy, and many, many others. In the pics of Movie Road you can just see these old westerns where the bad guys were hiding in the rocks and shooting at the good guys. Also some scifi shows were shot in the area. You will see pics of the critters in "Tremors". Really neat.

Jack cooked hamburger helper and biscuits for dinner. We had ice cream later for dessert. Had good nights sleep after that. Headed to Death Valley tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Hwy 395 Hwy 395
Hwy 395

Unexpected lake


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb