Tahoe


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Lake Tahoe
March 24th 2022
Published: April 26th 2022
Edit Blog Post

With Brookston officially on a public school schedule being in kindergarten, we joined the spring break crowd and headed to South Lake Tahoe to enjoy the snow. Not planning far enough ahead (the suggested time is 6 months in advance to others as an FYI) to get the kids enrolled in ski school, we decided to teach them ourselves, which although somewhat back breaking with a 3 year old, turned out to be a lot of fun. This is the first year that Brookston really took to it on his own (it helped that Shane can ski flawlessly backwards as his instructor) and he was eager to hit the slopes every day. Siena was more of a fan of the snacks and sledding on food trays, but was a trooper and got several good runs in. We were super excited to have Brian, Nicole and Jack return, as well as grandparents David & Patty, allowing for kid coverage for Shane and I to also get some runs in. Our evenings were spent watching sunsets on the beach, cooking, drinking wine, catching up, hot tubbing, wresting and chasing the kids, and usually a cartoon night cap. We loved getting out of the rat race and having quality friends and family time and can't wait to return next year!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb